Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Car Seat Canopy

So after searching and searching for something to protect Little One from the cold, wind, snow, and rain while traveling to and from the car, I finally gave up.  I had found some car seat canopies online, but none in a fabric that I liked.  (Heck, if I'm goning to be hauling around a car seat, I want it to look good while I'm carrying it!)

So I decided to make my own.  I found a tutorial on this wonderful blog: While They Sleep by Hannah Stevenson.  The only problem is that I haven't worked a sewing machine since I was in middle school home economics class.  But such little things don't stop me!

So this is what I came up with.  I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself.  Not only did I not have a pattern, I figured out my sewing machine in one evening, and when I took Little One for her first vaccination, the nurse was impressed with my canopy!  She had never seen a car seat canopy before.  But before I made this, neither had I.



2 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Great job! I must say I'm impressed that you figured this all out (including how to run your sewing machine in ONE NIGHT)!

Thanks for the props by the way.

Julie said...

Hey, no problem! I love your blog and all your creative ideas. Thanks so much for the inspiration and tutorials! :) Your instructions were so easy to follow. :)