Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Kindle 2

I just received the Kindle 2 from Amazon.com, and it is simply amazing. I love it because:

1. It's super light and can hold thousands of books - I can carry it easily in my purse or bag.

2. Zero screen glare. I can read it in broad daylight. I read it all morning without any eyestrain.

3. Newspapers, magazines, and blog feeds are downloaded directly to it when they're published.

4. All content is usually half-off the listed price, if not more, since it doesn't have to be printed. Some of my new-release book downloads are even cheaper than USED printed books!

5. HARDCOVER books and new releases are available immediately for download, sometimes even before they're released in the stores!

6. Downloading is free, other than the purchase price of the item you're buying. There is no charge for the Kindle's wireless service.

I only wish that I had this wonderful device while I was in college. Think of all the money (and backache) I could have saved by having all of my textbooks on Kindle instead of printed hardcover!

Click here to learn more. And I've noticed that absolutely everything they've said in this video is true about the Kindle 2.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Interesting stuff. I've seen ads for it, but being the skeptic that I am, have been hesitant to consider it. Now, I'll have to give it a second look.

I don't know if it will stop me from buying real books, though; there is something utterly unique about the feeling of a book, the turning of the pages, the smell, the sound of the spine getting used to the reading. It makes me all sentimental.

M said...

I keep telling myself I should read much more than I almost never do.

I shall have to go read up on it now.

Julie said...

Yeah, that's what Todd says, but I have no problem going digital. After all, we're running out of space to store all our favorite books! Where do you keep all the ones you love?

Amazon automatically backs up all the books you buy so you can always download them again. It's like having a virtual library without taking up any room. LOVE it. :)