Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Care Line


I recently had the opportunity to try the new sensitive skin care line from Burt's Bees through the BzzAgent program.  I was able to try the Sensitive Facial Cleanser and the Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream.

Some background about me: I have had sensitive skin for most of my life.  I often deal with outbreaks of psoriasis.  My skin is very dry, and skin care products that contain many artificial or abrasive chemicals can easily leave my skin red and irritated. 

I have used Burt's Bees products extensively in the past, before I finally began making my own handmade soaps and lotions to better deal with my extreme skincare needs.  Burt's Bees products, in general, have been gentler to my skin than other chemical-laden brands, and I was excited to try this new sensitive skin care line because of my past experience with the brand.

I will begin with the facial cleanser, which I found to be very good.  The cleanser does not irritate my skin as other brands have done.  It is not too runny, and it does not have any strong scent or perfumes.  It cleans my skin well, preventing pimples with the same effectiveness as a typical cleanser, but with none of irritating chemicals.  It also did not dry out my skin more than it already is, which is a huge plus for someone dealing with dry skin.  I would recommend this cleanser to anyone who has sensitive and/or dry skin.

The Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Lotion also did not irritate my skin, which was good.  However, since I have very dry skin, I have a problem with certain "lightweight" lotions: it feels like these lighter lotions simply "sit" on the outermost layers of my skin and do not penetrate to the deeper layers.  As a result, my skin does not feel hydrated.  I am sad to report that this was the case with Burt's Bees Daily Moisturizer.  It did not feel like my skin was "drinking up" the moisturizer like it does with my homemade lotion. 

I have not tried the Night Cream, so I cannot say how well it works.  Maybe it would work better than the Daily Moisturizer for me.  I am planning on trying that next.  If it works well, I may just use it instead of the Daily Moisturizer.

Overall, I would use this product line if I did not already make my own products.  (I gave up searching for a good product line for my sensitive/dry skin years ago, and have since formulated my homemade products to suit my needs.)  I would recommend this product line to an individual struggling with dry/sensitive skin who does not have the knowledge or time to make their own skincare products.

No comments: