Friday, July 25, 2008

Today I Got Discovered


So as some of you know (2 out of the 3 people who actually READ my blog), I've been dinking around with art, photography, knitting, and jewelry making for awhile. Heck, when you teach math and science, you need a creative outlet somewhere!

Earlier this year I joined Etsy.com. It's been a good experience, and I've enjoyed moderate success. People buy my stuff, which somewhat surprises me but encourages me, too.

But TODAY something exciting happened! Someone from the Riverwest Co-Op convo'ed me on Etsy, saying they would like to feature my jewelry in their store!

So I'm going to look into it this weekend. Maybe it will be a cool opportunity. Who knows? I'm just honored that they asked me. :)

It's also very weird being called an "artist." I've never really thought of myself as that, but I guess I am a little. Just an eensy bit.

Enough for now before someone gets hurt.

Oh, and like the pic? It's from my Etsy shop. Just wanted to share cuz I thought you needed more chalkboard in your life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOO! Go Auntie Julie! <3

M said...

I see from their website that they have desserts. That's aways a big plus for me. Perhaps when I am in their hood...

Chris H said...

Congrats! A very cool opportunity!