Monday, July 23, 2007

King's Quest

So the old school Super Mario Brothers made me reminisce about old video games. You know, Paperboy, Mrs. Pac Man, Centipede, and the King's Quest series. It turns out that some fans of King's Quest remade King's Quest 1 and 2. You can download them here for free. Many thanks, AGD Interactive.

Yes, I know that the remakes are cheesy. The originals were even worse! But they were state-of-the-art gaming back in the day. And I always thought that solving puzzles and riddles was fun.

Once you complete them, you can play the parody "Peasant's Quest" on Homestarrunner.com. The parody really looks and acts like the original games did.

Gaming has come so far! I remember having to constantly change disks in my old Atari 1040st. But I do long for the days of adventure gaming. It seems now that the only goal of most games is to shoot everything in sight. No real thinking or puzzle-solving involved. Sad, it is. So sad.

No comments: