Thursday, May 24, 2007

The End of the School Year

...is always insane. The kids are wild, so many extra events happening, grades are due, no time for sleep (or posting on one's blog).

I have to admit that I'm not sure about how much of an impact I made for the Lord this year. I know that there have been moments when I've really been the arms of Jesus for the kids, but after reading a friend's blog, I'm not really sure how effective I've been overall. It hasn't felt like a profoundly spiritual year. At least not like it has in the past. Are just moments of ministry here and there all that I was supposed to do? Have I loved them enough? Have I prayed for them enough? Have I ministered to them in the ways they needed?

I guess it's just one of those times when I feel very small and inadequate. I probably reached them more than I know, and I know that Jesus does much more in their hearts than I can imagine. All I really know for sure is that I love them deeply and will miss them terribly as I do every summer.

1 comment:

Holly o:) said...

That's the beauty of it...I firmly believe that for anyone I come across, it is my duty to just shine Jesus's light through me, to the best of my ability. I am only a very small light, but when you put it together with the rest of the lights out there, we become blinding! You don't do it by yourself, but you, along with people you may or may not know, have reached those children in more ways than you can imagine.