Thursday, April 13, 2006

The God of the Universe Sent me a Toothbrush.

And I cried when I pulled it out of the bag. The other teacher in the office laughed at me and all the kids wanted to know what the heck I was crying about.

I'm getting married. I've waited so long to meet the right guy. I began to think that God simply wasn't going to bless me that way. So now that it's really happening, with the perfect man for me, I just can't believe that it could be this good.

One of my kids won a scholarship contest that I encouraged her to enter. She won $1000 for college and $1000 for my Lego Mindstorms program. She won because she wrote an essay about the activities that we did in class with the Lego robots. I never expected her to win; it was a national competition. I don't think she expected it either. God just blessed me with the funds to continue the program and her with a college scholarship.

And today, I had a dentist's appointment. I didn't have time to pack my toothbrush this morning when I rushed out the door for an early meeting. The appointment was right after school, so I figured I would just ask the hygenist for a toothbrush and toothpaste when I got there. But this afternoon, there was a new toothbrush and sample toothpaste sitting in a "smile" plastic bag on the counter by my school mailbox. It was a freebee from a local dentist. I cried.

I am firmly convinced that the God of the Universe somehow decided to bless me beyond my expectations. I had just gotten so used to making do without that I didn't know how to respond when the goodness overflowed. It amazes me that God shows His love for me in such small to Him but big to me ways.

No comments: